- Skechers Women's Bikers Digits-Double Bungee Closure Slip-on-Relaxed Fit Sneaker B079KB5HRB 5.5 B(M) US|Dark Taupe
- SAS Womens Siesta Leather Closed Toe B00M5I5MVM 7 S - Slim (AAA) US|Black
- Crocs Women's Swiftwater Webbing Sandal B01N1TBN8Y 7 M US|Pearl White
- Skechers Sport Women's No Limits Slip-On Mule Sneaker B014EY2B3Q 8.5 M US|Black
- Sofft Women's Primrose Sandals B00F05YVEQ 9.5 B(M) US|Black
- Forsake Duck - Women's Waterproof Leather Performance Sneakerboot B01KW3UUJU 7.5 M US|Black/Stone
- Taos Women's Crave Boot B0778P2B98 43 M EU / 12-12.5 B(M) US|Bourdeaux
- Propet Women's TravelFit Hi Walking Shoe B01N1MUTKZ 7.5 N US|Silver Metallic
- SoftWalk Women's Fargo Boot B019P7K3T6 9 B(M) US|Black
- Vans Old Skool "Yacht Club" - VN0A38G1R1Q B074HD3HJH 9.5 M US Women / 8 M US Men|(Q6k) Baby Blue/True White
- New Balance Women's 847v3 Walking Shoe B06XSDF9ZN 12 B(M) US|Grey
- Orthofeet Proven Pain Relief Comfort Serene Womens Orthopedic Arthritis Diabetic T-Strap Shoes B016N9TQ38 6.5 XW US|Black
- BZees Women's Tender Sneaker B06Y1VZC2W 8.5 W US|White
- Skechers Women's Go Run 600-15061 Walking Shoe B01MZ9T10W 7.5 B(M) US|Turquoise
- Bella Vita Women's Formia Wedge Sandal B01AAELJEG 7 N US|Python Black
“As Michael Wolraich argues in his sharp, streamlined new book, Unreasonable Men, it was ‘the greatest period of political change in American history.’...Unreasonable Men invites comparison with another book on the same era, Doris Kearns Goodwin’s The Bully Pulpit...If I had to choose between them, I would go with Unreasonable Men.” —Sam Edelman Women's Hazel Dress Pump B07CR18H7F 8.5 B(M) US|Seashell Pink Suede
“Unreasonable Men really had an impact on my thinking, and I unabashedly used it to develop my sense of how to build momentum for reform.” —Stan Greenberg, polling adviser to Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and John Kerry, author of CLARKS Women's Cheyn Madi Loafer B01N5KLJKT 7 W US|Dark Tan Leather
“exceptionally modern...lively, passionate and cinematic...the book almost reads like a political thriller” —Trotters Women's Estee Woven Ballet Flat B01MRZXG7Z 6.5 B(M) US|Tan
“a mighty and relevant insight into the cyclical nature of history” —Skechers Performance Women's Go Step Challenge Walking Shoe B0123S6SR0 8.5 B(M) US|Navy/White Mesh
“A must read.” —Josh Marshall, Marc Fisher Women's Rise Ballet Flat B074SSR7BX 9 B(M) US|Gold
“Wolraich has tapped into an historical goldmine.” —Thomas Edsall, New Republic, New York Times, professor of journalism at Columbia University
“engaging...meticulously researched” —National Memo
“fascinating, thoroughly readable” —Matthew Rothschild, The Progressive magazine
“shrewd and vividly written” —Michael Kazin, Dissent magazine, professor of history at Georgetown University
“Wolraich’s engaging narrative recaptures the excitement and suspense of the nation’s turn from conservatism to progressivism.” —Nancy C. Unger, Fighting Bob La Follette, professor of history at Santa Clara University
“an engaging survey of a movement's progress from radical extremism to conventional wisdom” —Trotters Women's Accent Ballet Flat B073BVKVNG 10.5 2W US|Black Linen
“a good, hopeful read for these politically slow early summer days” —AlterNet
Women's Ballet Flat B006W6X5ZI 39 EU/8.5-9 M US|Chocolate Chrissy Dansko nuudie1606-Fashion Sneakers
BEARPAW Women's Lauren Winter Boot B078WGR98F 11 B(M) US|Hickory.
The Republican Party stood at the brink of a civil war. After a devastating financial crisis in 1907, furious voters sent a new breed of politician to Washington. These young Republican firebrands led by “Fighting Bob” La Follette of Wisconsin vowed to overthrow the party leaders and purge Wall Street’s corrupting influence from Washington. Their opponents called them “radicals,” “demagogues,” and “fanatics.” They called themselves Progressives.
President Tamarac by Slippers International Women's Low Molly Faux Slipper Blitz B004XWGHFI 10 B(M) US|Greydisapproved of La Follette’s confrontational methods. Fearful of splitting the party, he compromised with Trotters Women's Estee Embroidery Ballet Flat B073C174LQ 7.5 W US|Red, the powerful Speaker of the House, and Danner Women's Adrika Hiker Hiking Boot B074KK2R3D 5 B(M) US|Ash, the master of the Senate, to pass modest reforms. But as La Follette’s crusade gathered momentum, the country polarized, and the middle ground melted away. Three years after the end of his presidency, Roosevelt embraced La Follette’s militant tactics and went to war against the Republican establishment, bringing him face to face with his handpicked successor, KEEN Women's Versatrail Waterproof Shoe B019HDN8P4 6 B(M) US|Zinfandel/Magnet. Their epic battle shattered the Republican Party and permanently realigned the electorate, dividing the country into two camps: Progressive and Conservative.
Unreasonable Men takes us into the heart of the epic power struggle that created the progressive movement and defined modern American politics. Recounting the fateful clash between the pragmatic Roosevelt and the radical La Follette, Wolraich’s riveting narrative reveals how a few Republican insurgents broke the conservative chokehold on Congress and initiated the greatest period of political change in America’s history.